I SEE EVERYTHING

I SEE EVERYTHING
I  see everything, the brutal marks of marriage on a brides face, tears of loneliness on clowns face, cooks growling with hunger,  poverty of rich’s hearts.I have seen a girl being torn for her beauty, a guy being bullied for his wisdom
I have seen people enjoying  death and mourning births And laughing on others pain.I have been a friend to lonely, an audience of socio-phobic,auditioned a struggling actor.
 there is nothing which is hidden from the mirror. I SEE EVERYTHING
She(maid of the house) entered the room following her mother trying to hold on to the end of her saree to pace with her looking up at her with tears about to flow from her eyes.She looks at her hopelessly while  mother sets up the dining table. I can sense the rush in this moment.this little child trying to pace up with an adult busy in her chore.
She merely matches the height of table. I can see her eyes just above the edge of the table staring at dinner plates while she still struggles to hold her mothers saree.
Her mother rushes back to the kitchen and she gets pulled along.Her mother made her to sit in one corner of this lavish kitchen that I can see from here…she continuously stares outside at the table with her hand resting on belly.She stood up with the help of her skinny arms pushing up against the ground climbing herself to stand up on her legs. She goes closer to her mother hugs her legs, pulls her saree and points out with her finger at the chapattis. she was swayed away by her mother with a fierce look on her face and continued her work.
This left marks much deeper in her heart then the tight grip on her arm. She stood back with head down tears falling on ground with out even making a single sound.
Its not like am a mirror I cant understand her pain,her hunger but I can see the helplessness of a mother making  plenty of food but cant give it to her own child,this is like working in a mirror factory but you cant look at yourself in mirror. I can see the pain in eyes of that child, tears she was throwing out of her eyes were not because she was hungry but because she saw food in the hands of the mother which will not go into her stomach, the way she looked at mother with teary eyes mouth open hands gripping her saree touching her leg so that if her touch to her mother can provide her with some food and same was the dilemma for mother her anger was just a way to hide her helplessness a mother who makes delicious food but cant feed with it her own child. it may appear but it was not her anger on the child but on her hands  who instead of feeding her  gripped her arm tight so that she cant even look at her.Later at night family came down to have the meal. The child was looking at them from the corner of room through me. it was my helplessness that I cant hide this from her. She was looking  at her own mother serving food to them but not to her.
Suddenly I hear a voice so loud that shook her….. lady of the house was yelling and taunting at the mother for the food not prepared on time. Mother stood nearby listening to them looking at her child like a thief who theft her own child of food. Suddenly a plate filled with food came flying towards me and shattered me in to pieces on floor.
Last what I saw was a child bending over me and having delight of her mothers food and I was lucky to see it with my several eyes.
TODAY, I SAW EVERYTHING
                                            




Abhinandan Arora

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LAST sound

that smile

THE DAY OF ENDING